• November 2Follow us on Twitter! @theblufferPBHS

White Out Game

Grace Owings, Co-Editor/Staff Writer

The Poplar Bluff Mules have started their new season undefeated. As for our first game, we got the win. There were a few mistakes but, over the course of the game, Coaches saw improvement on the defensive end. By the end of the night, the score was 34-14. Mules for the win.

Friday, September 25, was the annual white out game against Dexter, who also started the season undefeated. It was one of our busier games, to the fans, Coach Barousse would say, “Thanks for the support. The crowds these last few years have been very great. I would love to see more students out.” With 47 players on varsity, Coach Barousse was more worried about playing well than winning, he just wants healthy and determined players. His goal for this season is to do just that, stay healthy. The Mules had a lot of injuries last season, but staying healthy will help. They get better every week.

Our Poplar Bluff football team shares the game field with the soccer team, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday football practices on the practice field. Thursday and Fridays they play on the game field. The boys on the team do great juggling practice and school. There are a lot of seniors in National Honors Society, and almost every single boy has at least a 3.0 GPA.

There are 22 seniors on the team and 20 on coming freshman. Over the next few years, more will join, but the freshman have a lot of potential in upcoming seasons. Don’t miss the great plays, there are only 9 games before districts, I wouldn’t miss it! Go Mules!