• November 2Follow us on Twitter! @theblufferPBHS

A Farewell to Seniors

Megan Kirby, Co-editor

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” School is coming to an end, and the time has come to say goodbye to our seniors. Today is their last day at PBHS and their future awaits. Four years at PBHS has flown by for seniors, and many are sad but excited for what lies ahead.

Teachers have played an important role in these young adults’ lives. Kassie Riley, president of Student Council, member of Pom Squad, and cheerleader, will miss her teachers. She has developed “ strong bonds” with teachers over these four years, and believes the teachers “truly love what they do here.” She believes the upbeat environment here makes our school special. Kassie feels she is leaving home, but is excited for what lies ahead. Humza Siddiqui, president of BETA, has been a member of Academic Team, FBLA, HOSA, Math Club, NHS, Ping-Pong Club, Politics Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, and has played on the tennis team. He will also miss his teachers, and believes the teachers here truly care about him and want him to succeed in all areas of life.

The students will also miss the friendships they have built here at PBHS. Ty Flanagan is going to, “ miss most of my friends,” as he starts this new chapter in his life. Flanagan, has been a member of BETA, Stand for the Silent, and has played sports such as tennis, wrestling, and soccer. He was also voted as Prom King for the senior class. He believes that at PBHS, we can be ourselves and grow with others to make the most of ourselves. Flanagan feels “free”, “humble”, and “proud” now that he is leaving. Siddiqui will also miss the friendships he has made through the sports and school activities.  He is going to miss tennis the most because of the great memories and friendships that he made.

Now that seniors have completed high school, many look to college. Kassi Riley plans to attend summer college classes and then attend Arkansas State University where she will be a cheerleader for the Red Wolves. She wants to study Radiology and pursue a career as an Ultrasound Technician. Flanagan will attend Three Rivers College for one year and then transfer to Mizzou, and plans on becoming an Athletic Trainer. Siddiqui is going to attend Washington University in St. Louis and plans to either major in business or engineering.

Although it is sad to see these students go, they are headed for great things. Their experiences here at PBHS have helped them grow as individuals and plan for the future. Graduation is May 25th, at Black River Coliseum. Let’s make their last day special and wish them luck in what lies ahead. Go Mules!