• November 2Follow us on Twitter! @theblufferPBHS

Mr. Snowman

Megan Kirby, Co-editor

The 11th annual Mr. Snowman was a success, with hilarious skits and great dance moves. Every year representatives from different clubs or sports compete to be Mr. Snowman, an honored title here at PBHS. Zach McAnulty, a former winner of Mr. Snowman, hosted the show. There were a total of six judges, all PBHS graduates. The competitors were Blake Odom for Science Club, Scotty McGee for Tennis, Tyson Tibbs for Mule Barn, Reagan Myers for Politics Club, Adam Vincent for Track, Ronin Rice for Baseball, Bryan Nyugen for Robotics Club, Holden Jennings for Band, and Jeremiah Morse for Anime Club. Mr. Snowman had great attendance with over 300 people cheering on the competitors. The winner of this competition was Tyson Tibbs and Mr. Congeniality was awarded to Scotty Mcgee.

At the beginning of the show, the competitors danced and performed the same dance as they would at the Homecoming Assembly. They were each introduced, wearing attire that represented their clubs. Afterwards the boys took turns performing comical and musical skits. Holden Jennings kicked it off with a drum solo. Scotty wore Frozen attire and sang Let It Go.  Jeremiah sword fought, and Reagan rapped. Bryan danced to the song Mr. Robot wearing a Big Hero 6 costume. Blake made his own workout video with Coach Lewis and Coach Sowell. Ronin acted out an SNL skit with some of the teachers and students. Tyson swam with Tanner Tibbs, Wyatt Murphy, and Justin Capps, and finally, Adam played the guitar and sang a song about the lunch ladies.  

The boys also competed in a taco-eating contest, and the winner was Bryan Nyugen. Next a PBHS female student escorted each contestant to the stage where they answered a questionnaire. Holden was escorted by Shelby Hammond, Scotty was escorted by Kaitlyn Harris, Jeremiah was escorted by Sami Lucas, Reagan was escorted by Rachel Henson, Bryan was escorted by Analeise Pyland, Ronin Rice was escorted by Madison Sherrill, and Tyson was escorted by Mallory Weitzel. After they were introduced, each contestant answered a funny question and a serious one.

Tyson won both the People’s Choice award from student votes and the judges’ vote to win the title of Mr. Snowman. His skit, swimming, did not take long to prepare and won over the judges and students at the theatre. His favorite part about Mr. Snowman was “being with the great group of guys in the competition. They were great and it was a memory I will remember forever.” Tyson said that standing and talking in front of the audience was the hardest part of the competition. After graduation, he plans to attend Three Rivers College and major in accounting.

This year’s Mr. Snowman was memorable, and these young men had a great time preparing for the event and competing against one and another. Their dance moves and skits were entertaining and the Kay Porter Theater was filled with laughter.  Student Council was recognized for their hard work that made Mr. Snowman possible. Congratulations to Tyson for winning Mr. Snowman and to Scotty for Mr. Congeniality. It took great courage for these contestants to be in front of the large audience and they all did a fantastic job. Go Mules!